We closed on Tuesday. My parents showed up on Thursday. They drove 14 hours in an electrican’s van. They brought decor-line recepticles and switches for the whole house. They brought recess lights. They brought cut-in boxes and wire.
Five days later, we’ve accomplished the following:
- replaced 2 old ceiling fans in media room with 1 new fan and 4 recessed lights.
- replaced 1 ceiling mount fixture in laundry room with 2 recessed lights
- added 2 dedicated electrical circuits to media room for computers
- pulled 19 network cables from storage closet in garage to all 4 bedrooms and media room
- installed recessed light in 1 master bedroom closet
- replaced ceiling fan in master bedroom
- replaced red bulb with white in master bath
- rewired ceiling fan in front bedroom
- replaced fixture in back left bedroom with ceiling fan
- added light and outlet in garage storage closet
- installed photosensor on front outdoor fixture
- replaced existing switches and recepticles with decor line
- installed A/C circuit for window A/C unit
- tested and labled panel box in garage
We also managed to host a BBQ using our brand new grill, curtesey of CP.
The catch is that even though we closed on Tuesday, we’re not set to move into here for another 2 weeks or so. So there’s no furniture. We were sleeping on airmattresses. I brought over all our camping gear from the summer to help us get by – hence Camp Willow Creek.